Spring indicates not only the arrival of warmer temperatures and moisture but also the time for pests to come out of their winter nesting spots. Your home is an attractive destination because it offers shelter, food, and water. The easier these critters can enter your home, and the longer they stay there, the harder the bug removal task you’ll have.
Doors and leaky windows are some of the obvious entry points to your house for pests. What you may not know is that your HVAC system can also serve as an entry point. Gaps and cracks near HVAC equipment, leaky ducts, and uncovered vents provide convenient access.
When inside your system, pests like mice and snakes can damage critical components. Droppings, larvae, and dead pests can contaminate the air being delivered to your rooms. Vents and ducts can help pests travel throughout your house.
Make Your HVAC System Bug-Proof
A pest prevention plan for your home won’t be effective if it doesn’t involve your HVAC system. Here are some helpful ways to deter pests from your system:
- Fill any gaps and cracks that may have developed close to or around the edges of your heating and cooling equipment.
- Install protective mesh screens on exterior air vents.
- Hire an HVAC pro to inspect your ductwork for gaps, cracks, and holes that can turn into pest highways and seal them. Having your ducts cleaned will also help keep pests in check.
- Maintain two feet of clear space around your outdoor unit to discourage bugs attracted by vegetation from easily entering your equipment.
- Schedule professional HVAC maintenance. Regular inspections and tuneups carried out on your HVAC system by a qualified contractor are a surefire way of preventing bugs from infiltrating your system and discovering the warning signs of infestation early.
Remember, neglecting regular maintenance can allow pests to get into your HVAC system and spread all over your home, making you incur unnecessary bug removal costs. If you need quality HVAC maintenance and duct cleaning services in Monmouth County and the surrounding area, contact the experienced professionals at Aggressive Mechanical Contractors.