The chilly days of winter will soon be over before you know it. Warmer weather provides the ideal time to take care of some important household tasks, as well as to prepare your HVAC system for the new season. You can learn more about the maintenance steps that are necessary to keep your system in tip-top condition and to reduce energy consumption.
How to Prepare Your HVAC System for Spring
A pro can help ensure your unit is working properly and safely, while increasing comfort and lowering utility costs by:
- Installing a programmable thermostat: Such devices eliminate the need to physically change the temperature in your home at various times of the day, which can result in significant energy savings.
- Replacing or cleaning your air filter: A dirty filter restricts airflow, placing added strain on your system and lowering your indoor air quality.
- Air sealing and insulating your ductwork: By closing up holes or gaps in your ductwork, air can flow more effectively. Wrapping a layer of insulation around your ducts will also help preserve more conditioned air.
- Giving your system a tune-up: Your HVAC contractor will inspect all the nooks and crannies of your unit to ensure each part is working correctly. The U.S. Department of Energy recommends having a pro conduct such an inspection every year to get the most out of your system.
- Installing an energy efficient system: If you have an older, energy-draining unit, or one that requires constant repair work, it’s probably time to start shopping for a newer model. Modern systems are a worthy investment that can result in ample savings over time.
Do you need help preparing your Monmouth County home for the spring? Please feel free to contact Aggressive Mechanical Contractors, Inc. anytime.
Our goal is to help educate our customers in Monmouth County, New Jersey and surrounding areas about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems).
Credit/Copyright Attribution: “Konstanttin/Shutterstock”